Robin H Cij

| map-marker Ellicott City, Maryland

Thumbtack

I hired a worker from Thumbtack to fix my lazy Susan doors. He took it to his shop to paint them.

There were two small holes to fill and maybe a half hours' worth of work. We gave him 100.00 as a deposit on a 350 bid. He would not return to finish the project. He kept making excuses.

Finally, his contract expired, and I fired the man. He has held the doors hostage since then demanding 350.00. I spoke to Thumbtack, who said I could pick up the doors for 50.00, This man called here ranting, raving, and screaming when he was fired. I'm an older woman, I am not going near that lunatic.

For 350 he'll bring back the doors, I'm not paying that amount. He took off with my doors which is theft. He was paid a deposit 100 to cover his time to paint and fill two small holes in the doors.

It seems to me that Thumbtack is condoning theft of personal property in this instance. Do NOT do business with them.

map-marker San Jose, California

Bad very poor customer specially for contractors. I am afraid to leave a credit card account open .many times subtract money for fake customers leads who never response messages at least .

Thumbtack - Bad very poor customer specially for contractors. I am afraid to leave a...
Thumbtack - Bad very poor customer specially for contractors. I am afraid to... - Image 2
Thumbtack - Bad very poor customer specially for contractors. I am afraid to... - Image 3
Thumbtack - Bad very poor customer specially for contractors. I am afraid to... - Image 4
Company taken away money automatically from my account for supposedly direct leads . Never happened customers leave just a telephone number but never response and never start any conversation zero . For me direct leads means a direct contact with customer who previously chose a candidate contractor and start a relationship. But any of this happened to me for 5 times at least . As a contractor all is this is considered fraud and the taken money never been reimbursed.

User's recommendation: Be careful In leaving your card open specially when is automatically paid

Laura A Fsw

Verified Buyer

Entrapment and willful fraud

Thumbtack - Entrapment and willful fraud
Thumbtack - Entrapment and willful fraud - Image 2

Fraudulent, fictitious leads. Sent me a lead (that I did not seek out, yet charged me $30 for) of a hysterical woman begging for help with a home that her ex husband trashed, was frantic and made me think she and her children were in harms way.

I messaged her back on the app and the phone number attached to her name that the platform provided. Hours after being left on read, I researched the email and phone number they supplied. The phone number suggested someone entirely different and the email simply does not exist. They have wiped my account clean after I demanded a refund.

The message is very cunning, telling me to text before I call the customer.

All the bots they have working for them must have given them their high reviews and ratings. I do not plan to allow this to go on without a full refund.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Intricately deceitful willful theft

Preferred solution: Justice and accountability.

User's recommendation: Steer clear of Thumbtack, Bark.com and Homeaglow and if you suspect you have been stolen ftom, pursue action.

Resolved
Jessica D Eyo

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: False advertising scamming mid leading clients

Thumbtack - False advertising scamming mid leading clients
Thumbtack - False advertising scamming mid leading clients - Image 2
Thumbtack - False advertising scamming mid leading clients - Image 3
Thumbtack - False advertising scamming mid leading clients - Image 4
Thumbtack - False advertising scamming mid leading clients - Image 5
Updated by user Dec 30, 2023

Code enforcement City commissioners animal Care and control internal revenue service.

Original review Dec 30, 2023
They are sick people They lie scame there clients When a dog comes with medication prescribed from a veterinarian it is not dispensed to the animal it's dispense to the garbage can there's no ventilation for the animals Only accepts cash sell or checks because it's an illegal business income is not reported to the IRS you can also look on Palm Beach county court records and see that they've been fine twice by animal control for no permit you can also contact Palm Beach county code enforcement animal Care and control and City commissioners
Pros:
  • I would never use or recommend
Cons:
  • All scamming liers all fraudulent

Preferred solution: Stop them from running an illegal business scamming customers false advertising

Jai B Ifa

Thumbtack Is Ripping Businesses Off!!!

There have been multiple times that Thumbtack has charged my company for leads that were dead leads. Either, the customer's contact information was not legit or we never received a response by phone or email, yet I can not be issued a refund?!?

That's ridiculous! Imagine all the money this company makes by not issuing legit refunds to companies! I've used this company in the past and stopped for this particular reason. I am deleting my pro account because this is a BIG RIP OFF!!!

This company has no problem charging my card for leads, but its like pulling teeth getting help from customer service. BUSINESS OWNERS DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY!

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Fernando T Way

Beware

As a professional service provider, I am utterly disgusted with my experience on Thumbtack. Let me be unequivocally clear: Thumbtack's business model is nothing short of predatory.

They lure you in with promises of connecting you with potential clients, only to slap you with exorbitant charges for leads that are often irrelevant or unfiltered junk.

First and foremost, Thumbtack's pricing structure is an absolute scam. They charge professionals for leads, regardless of whether those leads are legitimate or not. It's like paying for a fancy dinner only to find out it's a moldy sandwich. What's worse is that these charges add up quickly, draining your hard-earned money with little to no return on investment.

But it's not just the predatory charges that make Thumbtack a nightmare to deal with.

The quality of leads they provide is abysmal. More often than not, I've found myself wasting precious time and resources on leads that go absolutely nowhere. It's as if Thumbtack doesn't bother to vet the leads at all, leaving professionals to sift through a mountain of garbage in search of a single diamond.

What's even more infuriating is Thumbtack's utter unwillingness to help professionals get what they pay for. When you try to reach out for support or request a refund for bogus leads, you're met with silence or a runaround.

It's like talking to a brick wall frustrating and utterly pointless.

I refuse to be a part of Thumbtack's unethical practices any longer. I urge fellow professionals to steer clear of this cesspool of a platform and explore other avenues for generating leads. Google Ads, Angie's List, or any other reputable platform would be a better investment of your time and money.

In conclusion, Thumbtack is a disgrace to the professional services industry.

They prey on hardworking professionals, offering false promises and delivering nothing but disappointment. Save yourself the headache and avoid Thumbtack like the plague

Loss:
Pros:
  • Was good for promoting my busines
Cons:
  • Refund policy is unethical

User's recommendation: Google Ads

Michael M Rya

Thieves thieves thieves

I was convinced if I signed up,. I would have leads come directly geared towards my services,...

Ok,..for each "lead" I get, I'm charged about $20,.. long story short,.. I'm getting leads from ghost people,., and I'm charged,.. with no possible way of refund.

(Even though on their site, there is a box that says "customer stopped replying".. THERE SHOULD BE A BOX THAT SAYS "CUSTOMER DONT EXIST, THEY WILL NEVER REPLY". .And I am still being charged for the bogus leads... I complained in the very beginning to speak to one of their success managers who they say will be directly with me for about the first 30 or 60 days or so...

Well,.. I've reached out on my 2nd or 3rd day of signing up, and have called multiple times for someone to get back to me ,.. but I guess that is not going to happen.. because I've waited a month,.

And have not had ANYONE from customer service get back to me after I called many times,.. they have even went as far as telling me they would get back to me over the weekend,. Lol.. we all know these companies don't do weekends!!..

if you would like to get leads, please go after GOOGLE ADS, AT LEAST YOU PÀY ABOUT $2.50/CLICK,..!

NOT $20 FOR A LEAD THAT WAS GIVEN TO EVERYONE ELSE,.. WHICH LOWERS YOUR CHANCE SIGNIFICANTLY IN GETTING A JOB

Loss:
Pros:
  • You might get a job from them
Cons:
  • Everything is done with text
  • Charged without receiving any business
  • No customer service

Preferred solution: A refund for all the fake leads that don't reply , these leads should be vetted before charging the pros full price

User's recommendation: BURN YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE, GIVE IT TO THE POOR

KarinJoyce M

I want to Return my bading sweet.

Thomas H Ixe

Refund

Overnight I maxed out the first night I'm only 1 person. It's so ridiculous that you won't give me some of my money back

User's recommendation: Run

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Columbus, Ohio

Refund/pricing

Thumbtack - Refund/pricing
Thumbtack - Refund/pricing - Image 2
Thumbtack - Refund/pricing - Image 3
Thumbtack - Refund/pricing - Image 4
Refunds/clients. I feel like I've been ripped off and scammed for my money. Im not happy with the services anymore. And feel like I should give it up. All at once
nicole w Gdw

Verified Reviewer

Company turning into the mafia

Thumbtack keeps charging more and more per year to their pros. Now they are having pros compete for leads by paying more and more. Today they just added a thumbs up recommended icon. If you don't play their game of giving them more money they won't give you leads. This should be illegal. And try to get someone on the phone. Good luck!
Loss:

Preferred solution: A company that has good ethics and supports their pros.

User's recommendation: Don't use them unless you like playing Mafia style.

Kevin S Hnl

| map-marker Palmdale, California

Mi cuenta todavía sigue canselada no puedo usar thumbtack

Mi cuenta tiene una semana de estar cancelada, no puedo usar chincheta, necesito que me desbloqueen mi cuenta por favor.
map-marker Dallas, Texas

This company hires fraudulent businesses that take your money

I hired a company to do a lawn services. They never completed the services and did not provide a refund. I contacted Thumbtack because they have a money back guarantee. I provided substantial evidence. They reached to the company. The company stated that they did not do the work because of the weather. The company had over two weeks to complete the work. This was a lie. Thumbtack used it as an excuse to not provide a refund. DO NOT USE THUMBTACK!

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE THUMBTACK

map-marker Mesa, Arizona

Need help

They Never contacted me. I resolved the issue on my own. They dont make it easy to unsubscribe to their app.

User's recommendation: Don’t use

Guest

Horrible customer service I would not never recommend this business to anyone

Susan N Jra

Verified Reviewer

Repair did not fix my washing machine

I paid the repairman $100+ for the parts he said I needed, but he never returned to fix my washing machine.
Loss:
Pros:
  • No contact infotmation

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not use this site

Lana Y Bie

Complain

Thumbtack - Complain
Thumbtack - Complain - Image 2
Thumbtack - Complain - Image 3
I hired plumber from your listing, they did the job, did not give me a receipt, told me that I have one year warranty, any time I can call them, I called them, he said he will come today, when I asked what time are you coming, he said he's very busy today, when I asked when can you come, they don't pick up the phone.
Loss:

Preferred solution: I need him to come to fix the problem

User's recommendation: Do not hire from your company, only by recommendation