8.7K views

For all you Pros out there who have been taken for a ride. I am filing a class-action lawsuit today with my attorney.

Whoever would like to join me please email me at copythatco@***.com. Let's sue the pants off of this scamming organization and try to save our small businesses everybody!!!! I have been working as an office equipment pro for almost 3 months now. At first business was incredible.

The money was rolling in and I moved into a larger office thinking this is my shot to the top. Not! Now I get service calls that are a hundred miles away or more. I am being played.

I also had to load a disposable card to keep them from billing me at will with no explanation. Now I have to sell off most of my copy machines and printers just to pay my business lease.

I have been a copier engineer for 27 years and have never been treated and scammed out of my money like this ever!! The time has come to take Thumbtack down people!!

Comments

Please add me to lawsuit,,,317 5 star reviews,,,,and now,,nothing as far as a real job comming thru,been this was for a couple months,,,we pros with the reviews built this company,,,now they want to drain us with the high cost of people answering our ads with questions only,,,it cost me 17.95 just for someone to answer my quote for a garbage disposal and all they wanted was to ask me a question,,,,this sucks,,,,todd Mcdowell. Durham nc. Email joshdurhamnc@***.com

Now I have to pay close to 25$ even if a customer responds hi back and no work is getting completed. That is just for a small window job.

They got greedy and seems like they are taking advantage of the builders their customers need. Their customers will end up getting hit with the upcharge just so we can recoup that money. The original model was perfectly acceptable and I'm sure they were still making a boat load of money.

I can't stand the fact that these companies feel necessary to take advantage of the people that make it viable. If they really want to make more then they should keep it at the original pricing and then maybe charge an additional fee if the job is accepted.

Please please do I can't stand this fraudulent business

My account was deactivated recently after I mentioned to customer service I’d be contacting the BBB and looking into legal action. Their reason was we did not meet their professional standards.

We are 4.7 out of 5 stars with 270 reviews! I’d be interested in hearing more about your lawsuit.

@Christos m

Same thing happened to me

I would like to file suit against them too

I am tired of it. This week they said I spent $47 on 3 leads.

My calendar shows that I am booked on the requested dates.

Their support said my calendar is wrong. No refunds.I also get the same people requesting my services over and over and I get charged for them.I want in on the lawsuit.

@PissedConsumer1489510

Have you had any luck with the suit or beginning one or has anybody else reached out to you in regards to doing something about this?

#1520328
@PissedConsumer1489510

I've been a member for around three years top Pro 93 reviews with a 5-star rating I was told also that my calendar was not set so I get no refund from a guy who asked to move on a Sunday, Monday or Tuesday morning before 9 a.m. when I said to myself that I could do that on a Sunday or Tuesday I did it on a job the guy says he only wants Monday....

but his days of asking was not only for Monday.... when it come down to it I get no refund because thumbtacks is my calendar is not set well my time changes when I can work so I cannot have a set calendar.... and thumbtack does not bid it for me.... it's obvious that they will look for any excuse to not give your money back.

My email address is BarnesV55@***.com for anyone who does a lawsuit.... this company needs to be investigated!

#1520330
@PissedConsumer1520328

excuse the miscommunication the guy said that he only wanted Monday and I told him that I was available Sunday or Tuesday morning.... he didn't use me and I was charged yet he said that he was available those three mornings on the initial request

I can't believe this place exists. I will aid in any way I can to take Thumbtack down.

Their "support" (if that's what you want to call it, hides behind ignorant policy and can't explain how anything is supposed to work.

I've had (literally) ten conversations with support about various things, each time brought to what I feel like is hellbound anger... they are a horrible company run by ignorant people.

I have contacted you. I am Thumbtack pro who also has been ripped off by them.I want in.

I didn't get *** that hard only 2 times for $18...only took me a few days to figure out it was FAKEcount me in

I'm be contacting you soon. I have game commercial leads and fake regular cleaning leads and i stopped with them bc i thought it was a scam and started back and guess how i got the same names requesting same type of lead

For all you Thumbtack Pros out there who have been victimized and would like to join the class action lawsuit please include your company Information, name of the owner, and details of exactly how you have been taken for a ride. Send your information to copythatco@***.com.

Thumbtack has completely shut me down now because they have gotten wind of my intentions to file suit. Please contact all the pros you know and pass it on.

We need all the pros we can get everybody!! Respectfully, Trey

@PissedConsumer1480625

@PissedConsumer1480625

Sad part is, is if they really cared they would not shut you down instead fix the problem. I have not spent enough to get into the lawsuit but I also just started with them again since they changed the platform. Sad part is that when I first started using them I was excited because I thought I finally found a company that worked out for every party involved.

I have access to 2 accounts, I am a handy man, and my son is a handy man. I noticed something really interesting recently.

When he bids on a job, I log in hours later, at the top of the screen "0 Pros Contacted" So they are fraudulently telling me no one has bid in an effort to prompt me to be "first". I have screenshots and will collect more as I am sure this fraud will not cease.

If this is helpful I would be happy to submit as supporting evidence of acts of over-arching fraud and deception. info@***.com

@PissedConsumer1479478

They changed things around, 0 Pros Contacted means that the consumer who received leads from pros have not contacted any of those pros yet.We Pros have no way of knowing how many quotes are sent to a consumer until AFTER you send the quote. You have to go back in after you send the quote & go to the top right hand corner for more info.

@PissedConsumer1479478

That means the customer has not contacted any of the pros yet.... they are running scams but that isn't one of them.

I get messages saying someone wants to hire me from my profile and to contact them.... but TT has sent out messages to a bunch of people in my field saying the same thing.

Thumbtack Reviews