8.7K views

For all you Pros out there who have been taken for a ride. I am filing a class-action lawsuit today with my attorney.

Whoever would like to join me please email me at copythatco@***.com. Let's sue the pants off of this scamming organization and try to save our small businesses everybody!!!! I have been working as an office equipment pro for almost 3 months now. At first business was incredible.

The money was rolling in and I moved into a larger office thinking this is my shot to the top. Not! Now I get service calls that are a hundred miles away or more. I am being played.

I also had to load a disposable card to keep them from billing me at will with no explanation. Now I have to sell off most of my copy machines and printers just to pay my business lease.

I have been a copier engineer for 27 years and have never been treated and scammed out of my money like this ever!! The time has come to take Thumbtack down people!!

Comments

Info@***.com I was just looking for a lawyer to sue them myself.

I join or start my own class action suit

Please dispute these charges with your credit card company. In my experience, your credit card company will be sympathetic to your situation and refund the money. I've had over $2,000 in attorney's fees refunded, so I'm sure you can get at least some of these charges refunded.

I will gladly join. I signed up 30 days ago.

The first week was good then im getting jobs from states no where near me. Then i got charged after i got rejectes by a customer and their system suggested an automatic response!

Its not the $$$ its the principle. info@***.com

I just found out that they STEER potential customers to certain pros based on the number of reviews. Not even the quality. So, their preferred Pros get all the good leads; everyone else gets the crap you’re getting.

@PissedConsumer1526102

Oops design@***.net

@PissedConsumer1526103

I'm a preferred pro and I receive crap as well

I'm a Fitness trainer and group instructor for over 20 years. When thumbtack stopped charging to send quotes, we got scammed even more so.

I stopped using thumbtack for 2 months and just yesterday I received a message from a alleged prospect who didn't even respond to my reply.

So I'm charged for a quote I sent over 2 months ago. This must be stopped!

I am so in. I have sat at home because they charged me more than I'm making on any job I get due to lead that say a customer needs a faucet or fan.

And then when they contact me they ask me how to set up they're fish tank??? Wth!

And many more instances where they contact me and then don't respond and don't hire anyone else either. acjames2222@***.com

I'm with ya too, tired of the price gouging!medical312003@***.com

My name is Frank Washington. Owner of Moving with Caution & Care based out of Sacramento, CA.

I am writing because this recent scam of Thumbtack has to STOP! Prior to the recent non-disclosure price changes that went into effect, we as service providers, had control of what we spend and how much we wanted to spend. The previous costs were disclosed in every lead (profile) that was sent to us.Example in my market:Studio – 1 bdrm apt. local $5.00 to quote1bdrm – 2 bdrm apt.

local $7-8.00 to quote2-3 bdrm homes local $$8-10.00 to quote4 + bdrm homes local $11-13.00 to quoteLong distance $15-17.00 to quote.You know this before you send the quote. You read the profile the “customer” put up and YOU decide if you want to send out a quote because you knew how much it was going to cost.Now, this new system “Sending quotes is now free. Only pay if customers contact you.”This is a total joke. I sent out a “BLIND” quote to a customer and was replied back with a question that was asked and answered if the customer would’ve read the quote.

Totally explained in detail. I was charged $31.25 for a 1 bdrm apt quote. Another quote I sent I was charged $35.01 for a local move 40 miles away after one contact was made. Today, I sent a long distance quote and was charged $58.43 when the “customer” replied with a generic pre-scripted reply asking if I was available on the move date.

That of which I plainly stated in the quote I sent.I know this is happening all over the country now and Thumbtack was sued before and currently in litigation with a the law firm, Munger, Tolles, & Olsen, LLC based in San Francisco, CA in Throm V. Thumbtack, Inc. because of false practices.This new blind system of charging the service providers a 400-500 percent increase in pricing is egregious in its worst form. I have only sent out 3 quotes since this new system went into effect and it has cost me more than it would if I sent out 12-15 quotes from the previous pricing system.Here is a list of my history for calendar year 2018.

My good friend and competitor, Safe Moving, was charged over $900.00 before he figured out how they charged him.This new system was not an option for us. There was no summary of explanation or new pricing system prior to its implementation.

No new terms of service. Nothing to remotely explain to the service providers how the new pricing system was going to work.Frank Washingtonfwashingtonbmw@***.com

#1520019
@PissedConsumer1514545

You are absolutely right!I had a customer clairify her request for catering. The charges me $50. First and last time they'll get my money!!

@PissedConsumer1514545

I'm in on Suing this company Thumbtack.Question is who will do the work for me and how much will it cost.jack834jack@***.com. They are charging every customer different prices.Found out today in writing.

@PissedConsumer1514545

These folks are blatant thieves all you have to do is ask for an address and phone # that gets em almost everytime ang google earth the address there bogus

Add me I'm in troy.witt58@***.comI'm done with their bs!!! They should hold the contractors at a higher standard than they do they put the customers in front of the people that is actually making their money and then when something happens they don't have our back Most of the requests are fake Or the customers don't even intend on hiring somebody. Yet they charge us no matter what with ridiculous rates.

rimabee@***.comAdd me please

How can I join I've been taken for the ride and when I tried to cancel and get a refund if in-used money for bids they said no refundsThis is money I did. It use to bid!

Im in- streamlineav93@***.comThey need to be smacked back into line. Out of line fees, fake leads, you name it.

We were top dogs in our category a couple years ago.. but once they started ripping people off we dropped then entirely.

Their business model only benefits themselves and they are too stubborn and greedy to see this. A significant loss is the only thing that will get their attention..

Please include our company as wellinfo@***.us

please add me as well. jmdevera@***.com

Thumbtack Reviews