8.7K views

For all you Pros out there who have been taken for a ride. I am filing a class-action lawsuit today with my attorney.

Whoever would like to join me please email me at copythatco@***.com. Let's sue the pants off of this scamming organization and try to save our small businesses everybody!!!! I have been working as an office equipment pro for almost 3 months now. At first business was incredible.

The money was rolling in and I moved into a larger office thinking this is my shot to the top. Not! Now I get service calls that are a hundred miles away or more. I am being played.

I also had to load a disposable card to keep them from billing me at will with no explanation. Now I have to sell off most of my copy machines and printers just to pay my business lease.

I have been a copier engineer for 27 years and have never been treated and scammed out of my money like this ever!! The time has come to take Thumbtack down people!!

Comments

Thank you for initiating this class action lawsuit. What a shame that Thumbtack’s greed corrupted the fine idea behind the service. We had reasonable success using them at first, but won’t continue under their new policies.

I am going to email you.

I'm a home cleaner and just went to a mans house asking me to take nude pictures of him!!! I bolted out the door!!

He deleted the request within a hour and Thumbtack called me 3 days later saying they blocked him. HOW THE *** YOU BLOCKED HIM? YOU DONT HAVE NO ID NO CREDIT CARD ONLY A ADDRESS!!!!!

CONTACT ME AT ANGIE212NYC@***.COM I COULD OF BEEN SERIOUSLY HURT!! THIS IS BROOKLYN NY!!

#1561978
@PissedConsumer1559359

I’m sorry you had to go through that! Please start taking someone with you at the first call.

I’ve been a house cleaner for 20 yrs and have seen it all. I don’t have to advertise anymore. All word of mouth!

Ajaxon2004@***.com if you need any tips on the biz. Best of luck!

@PissedConsumer1559359

Why is that TT's fault you went there?

Please let me know if lawsuit starts. Thank you.

I created a fake customer account to see how their quoting works. To see the things from another perspective, so to speak.

And instead of being required to verify my identity or keep connecting me with the pros, they used my fake customer account to contact my real business account using a fake number. And of course, charging me for "the lead"!!!!

If there is in fact a lawsuit going on against this SCAM company, I am more than happy to join. Please email me more information regarding this eclipse0719@***.com.

@PissedConsumer1555745

Guys! I even replied from my business account to verify it was indeed my fake customer lead.

And I received an email from myself. Thumbtack is.

Complete scam and I am furious!!!! Please someone help me get on board with this lawsuit.

I've caught them lots of ways have lawyer call me 678 663 ****

I am in!

I want in. They keep sending fake leads.

I already told them be ready for my lawyer.

Im glad to see other people involved in this. Please keep me posted at tcruzvany@***.com

Has this actually become anything? If so, I want in on it too! According to comments, the original email the poster provided was not valid, but if you see this, email me Tiffany_LMT@***.com

They are a total scam I have been using them for a few years now for my cleaning business as where they use to charge me $3.33 for quotes and now they are charging almost $20 not only that they change it to if a customer contacts me I get charged for it weather I want the job or not. I have a 30 mile travel distance and I'm also getting request for over 60 miles away and being charged for the customer contacting me.. I'm so pissed my account is overdrawn from them taking money that's not there they are a greedy company taking advantage of small businesses.

@PissedConsumer1545942

Crose8323@***.com

Yes, they charged me random, arbitrary amounts when someone responded to me. Some as high as $40 and it didn't result in a gig.

Please provide a good email says invalid email

I'm in too. When I first started my quotes were around 10 bucks.

Not bad for what I charge for my photography services.

But then $30 -$40 a lead. Get real.

HI, MY NAME IS TRAVIS MURDOCK, I AM A PERSONAL TRAINER AND HAVE BEEN CHARGED FOR LEADS THE OFFERED ME OUT OF STATE AFTER I REQUESTED THAT THEY STOP.I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN YOUR LAWSUIT 503705****

Thumbtack makes up fake accounts pretending like an interested customer is contacting you so they can bill you for the contact. I purposely bid an outrageous price just to see if they would contact me (with fake acct) and the “customer (fake TT acct) sent me a question asking when I could do the job.

That’s bs, this so called customer received at least 15 bids from customers that had many reviews and bid alot less than I did. No way any customer would’ve reached out to me for the price I gave them.

Ive had multiple problems with Thumbtack since joining up about 6 months ago. I've had to go to the bank and dispute charges that thumbtack charged me for...

But anyways.. most recently it came to a head. I went to log in 1 morning to find out my account was deleted. I checked my email and had something from thumbtack.

Apparently they had done a background..without my consent..found something they didn't like and deleted my account all without my knowledge. I was in the process of talking to about 5 diff customers. Account. Deleted.

I would like to sue as well. cbaltaian@***.com.

Thumbtack Reviews