8.5K views

For all you Pros out there who have been taken for a ride. I am filing a class-action lawsuit today with my attorney.

Whoever would like to join me please email me at copythatco@***.com. Let's sue the pants off of this scamming organization and try to save our small businesses everybody!!!! I have been working as an office equipment pro for almost 3 months now. At first business was incredible.

The money was rolling in and I moved into a larger office thinking this is my shot to the top. Not! Now I get service calls that are a hundred miles away or more. I am being played.

I also had to load a disposable card to keep them from billing me at will with no explanation. Now I have to sell off most of my copy machines and printers just to pay my business lease.

I have been a copier engineer for 27 years and have never been treated and scammed out of my money like this ever!! The time has come to take Thumbtack down people!!

Comments

I set a weekly budget and they keep sending me leads about that budget. $50 more so far this week.

Also I block time off my calendar which they say that pros should do if they don't want leads but they keep charging me for leads anyways. Really unethical and no customer support.

Hi, Can you contact me at nicole2381 at the y dot com company?

Have any of you filed with BBB?

I would like to participate

Thumb tak promotes ILLEGAL unlicensed so called contractors/ Handymen. Real contractors have licenses and Insurance

Your email address was blocked. I would like in on this.

I went off the site for a few months with money in my account that they said they could not refund. Went back to use it and it was gone. They said they refunded.

I have proof that they did not. Lifemaideasy01@***.com

They just keep finding ways to increase costs and drain my account. I have contacted them so many times trying to get them to understand they are ruining small business people and killing the goose lays the golden eggs(unsustainable) But whoever is in charge must know this, and just want to take the money and run eventually retiring, selling and running away from any consequences.

They just keep jacking up costs, charging for leads that are worthless. If they only charged for leads you got a chance to actually talk to it would be fair, but they charge for leads that never respond. Sometimes I get leads that I text and ask if they ever had any intention of using my service and they say they never did and were just curious about me but had already selected someone else before I ever got a notification. Sometimes the notification I get includes text referring to another professional they are already working with.

They tell me that thumbtack tells them to select (click on) more than one professional( so they can charge them all even though they all can't get that single client. They don't allow the customer to simply ready reviews and make their one selection after that...any profile they are browsing gets charged. I have fantasized of going on the radio or TV or Youtube to let the world know they are scamming professionals out of business. I hooked them to a credit card and even though my revenue seems decent from clients I get on thumbtack, my costs from them on leads that never contact me back leave me with nothing.

I am worried I won't be able to pay my taxes, and have decided I will need to sell my vehicle and house now to get out of debt. They charge me thousands every month, but I don't know of any other site I can get leads from so I am still on it. I don't know how to get leads another way and am thinking of just ending it, throwing in the towel and going back to a job. I really thought I was doing good at first as they suckered me into throwing more money away and now they just raised their costs again.

It is obviously a scam and I only get a small percentage of clients that even respond. If their were a way to sue them I would but they include language in the agreement that covers their *** If anyone who reads this knows of a better less scammy site like this that won't burn thru and ruin their pros, please let me know. I am still paying and using them even though I know they are dirty because I just don't know an alternative that will get me better leads. I have spent over 20K in 7 months on thumbtack leads and only gotten between 5 to 10 percent of them to even respond.

I still got more clients than I did before thumbtack but I am now broke and in debt from it anyway. I must be the sort of never give-up kind of sucker that keeps them in business. I haven't heard one real person that uses them say they weren't feeling scammed. Every review of them online from pros(unless its a review shown off by them that they use to sell you) every one of them is saying the same thing.

They are a profit over morals machine bent on draining and burning through their pros until they have nothing left. How does anyone even know they are real leads if they never get to talk to them but you still have to pay for them? If anyone reads this and wants to explain how I can join the lawsuit without losing even more money please email me at ipkin @...y mail. ...

.. .com

Thumbtack is an absolutely horrible lead company! I've lost thousands of dollars with this company over the last several years, if someone is moving forward with a class action lawsuit I would definitely love to be a part of it!

Agreed, hear this from a lot of clients.

@Mylei Svz

.. .com

#2119411

Love to join you. I feel the same and had enough experiences.

I am in. I first started it was great and now you get charged for leads that don’t even call back.

You get 1 to keep you thinking that is all good but the 10 other one that leads to nothing.

Instant booking if a customer cancels they keep the money and charge you 3 times the normal amount. They suck

I have been scammed

#2097352

My gripe is that Thumbtack is supporting illegal contractors. I pay a lot of money to operate in NYC as well as spending a lot of time updating licenses, Using NYC's 12 page Contract, having my men Osha certified, Paying for Disability, Compensation , General Liability and most of all Roofing Insurance which is very expensive.

Too many illegal contractors are already giving legit contractors a bad name. We don't need web sites who promote so called HANDYMEN who are unlicensed and uninsured.

And that goes also for all the firemen who think their pillars of the community and can work without licenses and Insurance also. How do I join a class action against Thumbtack???

#2096734

Please email me dmgmobilenotary@***.com

#2091916

I am sooo in. They have raped me for THOUSANDS!

gareth "at" vegascompudoc . com Im very wealthy and will help with legal fees.

#2084035

as a prevois customer and veryy experianced webmaster thumbtacks leads are generated in house many are fake there re real ones but they sell very many fakes as well as no call backs or other excuses esed most just write you on the site that are fake leads and you never get a real person there arer real leads too but in a given week i could pay for 2 or more fake ones after a while there webguy would know my routine and give me jobs i just could not work its easy to work a website and rip off people thumbtack has mastered it my name here im goona use is john hendrix for any inquires

#2091919
@PissedConsumer2084035

Please email me rctravisroofing@***.com Travis Roofing And Guttering we are out of Vale, N.C they took out *** load of money without my permission

#2081088

Please email me at unforgettable carousel @ g m a i l (dot) com Thank you

#2080798

Please email me rctravisroofing@***.com my name is Roger Travis I will go in with you on this law suet

Thumbtack Reviews