3.1K views

For all you Pros out there who have been taken for a ride. I am filing a class-action lawsuit today with my attorney.

Whoever would like to join me please email me at copythatco@gmail.com. Let's sue the pants off of this scamming organization and try to save our small businesses everybody!!!! I have been working as an office equipment pro for almost 3 months now. At first business was incredible.

The money was rolling in and I moved into a larger office thinking this is my shot to the top. Not! Now I get service calls that are a hundred miles away or more. I am being played.

I also had to load a disposable card to keep them from billing me at will with no explanation. Now I have to sell off most of my copy machines and printers just to pay my business lease.

I have been a copier engineer for 27 years and have never been treated and scammed out of my money like this ever!! The time has come to take Thumbtack down people!!

Comments

Why does it seem these things go nowhere? They need go get sued out of business..and there is plenty of evidence.

Getting leads for your business shouldn't feel like gambling. But gambling is exactly what Thumbtack is.

please give me the information on the law suit since january i have been billed $259.69 in bid fees and have landed 2 jobs from thumbtack i can no longer talk to customer service in the usa , they are scamming ppl for millions i have ben with thumbtack 5 yrs and every yr it gets worse ... they need to be stoped

PlaintiveBird241

This is hard to read, and they should be embarrassed. I'm sorry to everyone who's gone through this.

I ran a landscaping company for three years and literally couldn't afford to be ripped off like this, needing loans just to stay in our house. If anyone wants to try an alternative to this, designed from real struggle and out of empathy, please email me. I've worked my way up to CEO of a business community called Rhiz and we launch in California this month. NO leads, NO payment until after you get a confirmed/paying client.

You can network easily with friends and turn that into clients. They see your portfolio, can message you with questions (that you don't have to pay to respond to!), and can choose you based on your overlapping networks, too. It's monthly, no limit to customers, comes with discounts at places like Zenefits, Legalzoom. My name is Stuart, contact me directly to vent, ask questions, tell me to buzz off, etc.

Rhiz is for real people and not a scam and if we're not transparent and reflective of true needs, we're doing it wrong. Seriously, email me.

We're at rhizmarket dot com and I'm stu at rhizmarket dot com. Best of luck

I agree with everyone. I get charge for leads and get ghosted.

This is not the way to do business. I'm in mast234@gmail.com

GracefulNumbat133

Please give me info on the lawsuit they love taking real pros money and hurting pros by letting who ever wants to do a review on you and they will not remove it. Never did any work for some reviews and they wont take it down

I used Thumbtack initially as a video editor I would say about 10 years ago and it was great. Now I have a small media company and I canceled my service with them yesterday.

There is a lot of issues with this company.

I would like to sue this company and be part of a class action lawsuit against them. More headache then what I asked for.

PricklyPurpleEmperor945

In addition to ridiculous charging policies, I have suspicions that TT has put forward a fraudulent "lead" for architectural services in Denver. What is the status of this suit as of May 2019?

CreamyAkbash828

I just filed my complaint with the attorney generals office now I'm on to filing with the BBB

VulgarParakeet773

I'm in, too. awonderlandoffood@gmail.com

OverwroughtRockHyrax

I recently have gotten quite a few ball leads from all of them were $75 each only one of them they proved to be refunded. They make a fake account and have pro bidding on the job and these are customers that we are hitting me up pacifically but yet when I respond to them and they charge me $75 the customer just magically doesn’t respond back!!!! I have screenshots of every conversation I had with their pro support on the forum page

to OverwroughtRockHyrax #1688607

Terrible company

FairRedPanda910

Their company is discriminatory against certain people and issues. Their Salt Lake City office is not organized appropriately to serve the highest good for people who are dedicated to building a business.

The customer service blatantly lies to people and will taunt you if you ask to speak to a supervisor that isn't even there. They thoroughly enjoy destroying someone's business in a day and lie to the higher ups to protect their sleazy customer service reps that are thoroughly unprofessional ! There are wonderful people that work in their office but a few bad seeds there ruin them and they are all connected in their dishonesty and feel they have the right to be that way.

WHY? who knows they think there better than everyone and lying to their loyal 5 STAR pro's is okay as long as they clear out people who are not paying thumbtack enough money.

Hey everyone, Here is the link to file a complaint against thumbtack with the attorney generals office in California. https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company We need everyone to do this so that they can take us serious and look into Thumbtacks shady business tactics.

to Anonymous #1682390

I signed up as a pro on thumbtack. I was ripped of from the beginning.

Not one person that contacted me was close enough for me to make any income considering my offered service rates. Everyone was minimum 70 miles away. Logged in today and was instantly charged for customers who tried to contact me over a month ago. I immediately tried calling the 24 hour customer service number , typical, just like a lot of other companies automation then voicemail.

I left a message 3 1/2 hours ago. THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE , AND CLEARLY A RIP OFF...

Screw thumbtack! I get charged everyday for people saying sorry, I have hired someone else when you can see on the competition has not contacted them.

This is all a scam.

Used to be good now are in it for the money. I’m in for suing!!!

ScrawnyGiantSchnauzer493

Started with them as a mover recently. got charged for leads.

been watching their Jobs posts continuously. SMELLS FISHY already !!! not happy with the way they charge. How many pro's get charged for the same lead?

If somebody chooses you and sends a question you get charged too. What if someone canceled, you get charged too?

So, basically you get charged no matter what. they get the money no matter what.

DigitalRockhopperPenguin461

I'm in Georgia is this still going on?

RuralFossa813

I'm in. Thumbtacks new pricing model is going to drive my business into the ground.

SnappyCichlid

I think we should all file a complaint with the Attorney Generals office in the State of California. Let them know what's going on with Thumbtack.

Do you also know most credit card companies or bank let you dispute a charge up to 6 months from the date of charge, explain to the credit card company and or bank how you were charged for something you did not agree with and they will fight to get your money back. Thumbtack has to be fair with us the pro's.

SlowIbizanHound

Yes I like to join, I have been scammed and I still are I have joined Thumbtack since they started many years ago, it was nice in the beginning when they just charged you when the client had asked for a quote, you responded with a quote and closed the deal. But now, after they changed all the rules, if the client contact you asking a general question, they automatically charge you Many times this are fake leads, generated by their systems, because when you try to contact this supposed client, nobody responds ever, and there's nothing you can do about it, because there's not contact information of any kind, like a phone number or email address.

Their charges for a photographer are extremely high, anywhere from $20.00 to $60.00 per lead, so if you get charged for 10 leads we are talking about approximately $500.00 and if you get lucky and one of those virtual clients are real they the small profit you make is already gone. Yes, ease count on me.

Attn. Andrew.