Troy Palmer did a job for me in a Ft.Worth suburb.
He was nice and respectful, but I never had his full focus. He always split my work with someone else instead of just focusing on my job. I posted that and I must have angered him because in a response he said he built my chimney box for free. To have 3 small areas of eaves, fascia and trim replaced, caulked and painted, adding a kickboard (8'-1x6), replacing a shed door with a $62 interior door, and building the chimney box was $660.
I provided the paint. I don't call that free. I also asked him for "after" photos of the chimney box as I am 67 and not climbing on roofs these days. Never got them.
Plus the shed door was standing open yesterday morning and I discovered the guy trimmed 1/2" off the 30" door to accommodate the hinges (set flush) instead of insetting them and then he had to shim the striker plate with a nut so the latch would shut. There is this giant gap around the door.
I tried to respond to his comment privately and also to Thumbtack, but once you have posted a review, Thumbtack won't even let you respond privately to the contractor or to them because you have already posted a review.I will NOT be using him or Thumtack again.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Will never use again
- Poor workmanship on door
- Not able to respond to contractors response or to them
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Thumbtack Home Repair Services
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "Jenna the Astrologer seems very genuine and caring. She was completely accurate w my readings she gave me for free, for some reason she gave me 3 readings and a..."
- "It may be a coincedence but I kinda doubt it .... Albany and Brooklyn are like two hours from each other ... I find it hard to believe that someone..."
- "I am catering company, most of my client find me outside Thumbtack! Anyway I try it and find a lot of good leads that was made for me, I send..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "I saw the tv ad that showed pricing to be $29.95. Upon receipt of product I read the packing list and found that they were going to require 5..."
- "RUN RUN RUN 2 weeks turned to 6. and still not done they ordered the wrong tub and order the same $33 ceiling fan (a request was made to upgrade from the..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."
- "We got the buy two Samsung phones, get a free 50" smart TV. We got the free TV within the 6-8 weeks, but when we got it, we pulled..."