Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2.2

Hired a painter through Thumbtack to stain my deck. Contractor did a competent job, but handled personal items carelessly; stain on grill, and patio doors, grill tools and grill cover thrown on the ground and left there, etc. I paid in full immediately, and did a 3-line review (4 stars of 5) where I called the work competent but noted the issue with personal property, concluding with advice to address the issue with the contractor in advance & you likely would be pleased.

Contractor lost his cool. Posted a reply suggesting that he should have been more based on changed conditions (he inspected the deck the day before he started, so I rather doubt that) and saying that my young son was responsible for careless handling of grill, etc. Further, he's now sent more than 20 combative, occasionally threatening emails taking issue with my comment, and has called more than a dozen times.

I, for my part--conceding that he was free to say whatever he pleased about me--asked Thumbtack to remove the comments about my son. Thumbtack refused on the grounds that the contractor violated none of its policies--which, incidentally, regulate the content of CUSTOMER reviews, not contractor replies.

All told, this is not a forum for credible customer feedback. And, if you do use Thumbtack, do NOT be so foolish as to offer a review.

Review about: Thumbtack Painting Advertisement.

Reason of review: Policies that discourage honest evaluation of contractors.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Thumbtack?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion