Hired a painter through Thumbtack to stain my deck. Contractor did a competent job, but handled personal items carelessly; stain on grill, and patio doors, grill tools and grill cover thrown on the ground and left there, etc. I paid in full immediately, and did a 3-line review (4 stars of 5) where I called the work competent but noted the issue with personal property, concluding with advice to address the issue with the contractor in advance & you likely would be pleased.
Contractor lost his cool. Posted a reply suggesting that he should have been more based on changed conditions (he inspected the deck the day before he started, so I rather doubt that) and saying that my young son was responsible for careless handling of grill, etc. Further, he's now sent more than 20 combative, occasionally threatening emails taking issue with my comment, and has called more than a dozen times.
I, for my part--conceding that he was free to say whatever he pleased about me--asked Thumbtack to remove the comments about my son. Thumbtack refused on the grounds that the contractor violated none of its policies--which, incidentally, regulate the content of CUSTOMER reviews, not contractor replies.
All told, this is not a forum for credible customer feedback. And, if you do use Thumbtack, do NOT be so foolish as to offer a review.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
You May Also Like
- "Troy Palmer did a job for me in a Ft. Worth suburb. He was nice and respectful, but I never had his full focus. He always split my work with..."
- "I signed up for Thumbtack exactly 18 days ago. I submitted 21 detailed quotes to 21 leads I received throughout those 18 days. Usually I received about 3-15 leads every..."
- "I contacted thumbtack to inform them I left a fake review. Their response was they wanted to maintain integrity so they wont remove it. Its unfathomable, the stupidty of that..."
- "I bought some Chips Ahoy Chunky from walmart. I always liked chips ahoy until today. The batch i got today was burnt and it tasted burnt. They just don't taste..."
- "My boyfriend sends me flowers for birthdays and for Valentine's Day. Because Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday, he wanted to have flowers sent on Friday the 12th to my..."
- "I recently purchased LED tail lights for my Jeep Wrangler. The lights looked great and the purchase process was quite painless. I installed the lights and everything looked..."
- "as you can see, there are many many negative reviews about salad master. A cook ware that can cost up to $3,500.00 . It's a Sham when dealers on top..."
- "I will never shop at art van ever again. My husband and I purchased a couch which we were told was leather. The sales man also sold us the leather..."
- "I lost 80 lbs in 2+ months. This Gastric Bypass ALTERNATIVE is amazing.I started at 430 lbs and now 350 lbs simply by following instructions and rules. No tricks.Amazing feeling..."