Turnaround Time

Update by user Feb 07

Thumbtack arranged a snap chat interview with contractor, arbitrator & us. Everyone agreed to accept arbitrator's decision.

The decision went in our favor with $ awarded to be paid by contractor in 2 weeks.

That time has passed & we have not rec'v any compensation that was awarded to us. Still waiting for any Thumbtack guarantee.

Update by user Dec 17, 2017

Nothing resolved yet. Thumbtack is supposedly setting up an arbitrator to reach a decision on our complaint.

It feels like they are just delaying this issue as long as possible hoping it will just go away.

Not happening. This unprofessional contractor needs to remove his fake company.

Original review posted by user Nov 17, 2017

Up to this point & time I would say that Thumbtack's guarantee has not been truthful. Come to find out the recommended contractor wasn't even a real business, nor was the contractor a registered plumber.

My Wife hired a recommended professional contractor through Thumbtack to remodel our bathroom. This entailed taking out the old cast tub, surround walls & required putting in a new Jacuzzi whirlpool tub with new surround walls. This was all to be accomplished on a Saturday according to the contractor. When I got home from work on that Saturday, the tear out had begun.

The tub and surround walls were out & the contractor was busting out the drywall. I told him the new surround walls had to be glued to drywall. We discussed how to fix this & I was off to the store to get some new drywall for him to install. I dropped the drywall off to the contractor & left to run another errand.

Upon returning from my errand I checked on the progress of the renovation & discovered that this contractor had no idea how to install drywall correctly. He had cut it with a saw and the line he cut was anything but straight. I had a conversation with the two young men doing the work & they admitted they had no idea how to do drywall installation. I stopped all work & sent them on their way, being down $800 at this point and time.

When we started cleaning up the mess they had made we discovered they had busted the new whirlpool tub when they set it in place. I got a hold of the recommended contractor the next day & told him I needed most of the $ I had given back so I could hire someone to fix what he had tried to do & asked about the cracked tub.

He said it was cracked when he took it out of the box, (which was a lie because I was present when the tub was unpacked). We are now dealing with Thumbtack customer service & getting the run around.

Review about: Bathroom Remodeling.

I didn't like: Workmanship of finished product.

Comments