2.0

I have used these guys for several years. I actually have closed 3 deals with them so the return is great.

However, I have been out bid on every bid in the last 6-12 months. I purposely logged into my account and waited for a lead through the service. I reused a message that worked. However when I clicked submit I was I was already out bid by 5 other quotes within 30 seconds???

How is that even possible.

I called the customer service person and she state that the other agents must have secretaries waiting for the leads. WOW, less than 30 seconds, what are they robots?

sellingindfw wrote the review because of bad quality at Thumbtack. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Thumbtack to have the product delivered.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Thumbtack and thumbtack bidding for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

TTsocial

Thirty seconds for a request to be filled is definitely fast; I can see why that’d be discouraging. Our site does work very differently since quotes are sent on a first-come-first-serve basis.

We don’t have preferred professionals because we want each pro to have an equal opportunity to advertise their business. Some areas, such as Dallas Fort Worth, are very heavily populated and therefore results in more professionals being on our site and customers being connected with pros instantly.

We truly want each professional to do what they feel is best for their business. I’ve taken your experience and shared it with our product team to see if there’s something we can do about these heavily-populated areas.

We’re always trying to improve, and we use experiences like this to do so. Let us know if we can do anything else for you.

-Alexis

The reason is that some of these pay by lead services start out OK for the first 6 months or year. However, soon greed sets in and Thumbtack and others let anyone and everyone use the service because they make money on each lead.

Soon customers needing bands, photographers, other professionals, etc. get overwhelmed by rank amateurs desperate for work so prices go way down. In addition, scam artists (i.e. "charities", etc.) trying to get free labor find out about the service and start utilizing it for their own illicit purposes.

In addition, when customers use these rank amateurs customers are left with a very negative impression which reflects on the pros.

They never want to use real pro musicians, photographers, or other professionals because their last experience is so negative. It becomes a vicious circle and nobody wins.