Update by user Oct 03, 2019

I was never contacted by Thumbtack or Erich Widmer of Acoustic Innovations. I called Sony and they checked out that my Blu Ray DVD player was working.

So, I contacted Best Buy Geek Squad and they came out and reset my Logitech Harmony 900 remote. I will not use Thumbtack again and definitely will not refer Erich Widmer of Acoustic Innovations. Apparently he is not proficient in setting up the.

Universal remote control. He only knows how to plug in a tv!

Original review posted by user Sep 03, 2019

I hired Erich Widmer of Acoustic Innovations in December 2018 to install a new Sony 65” tv, Denton AVR receiver, POLK subwoofer, Sony Blu-Ray DVD player and modem. The cost came to about $3,500.00 +.

I have had Erich take care of other things for me in the past. So, I felt confident her would do a good job. The job was completed on New Years Eve.

In July 2019 I realized that the DVD player was not working. Erich came out and, after consulting with Sony, repaired it the next day.

I paid him $25.00 for “gas money” for the call. A few days later I, again had an issue with the DVD player. I called and texted Erich. To date, have not received a reply.

I was just going to move on and not report a complaint. However, I feel compelled to report my disappointment at being ignored. The equipment is not yet a year old, so I think there is at least, an implied warranty.

I hope no one treats Erich’s parents in such a disrespectful manner. Perhaps, get follow up service agreement in writing.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sony Repair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Post my review for others to beware. .

Thumbtack Pros: Knowledgable.

Thumbtack Cons: Customer service on warranty sony blu ray.

• Acoustic Innovations