Filter by rating :
filters
Unless you are in business to quote the cheapest possible price to some lamebrain that is not serious about business I recommend passing on Thumbtack. In my line of work it is ridiculous to quote a firm price for a website without more than the skimpy information that...
Hoa

We certainly don’t want you to feel like you have to quote the lowest possible price in order to get hired by a customer through our site. Our goal is to make it easier for customers find the right professionals they need for their projects.

If you think of the traditional way customers go about finding someone to help, they have to filter through dozens of listings, make a lot of phone calls and repeat their needs over and over until they finally find the one that they like. That's such a hassle. When they come to us, all they have to worry about is filling out a request, and then the professionals come to them, and customers really like it.

Customers really do want to make the best informed decisions, and we know they don’t base their decisions on price alone. Every customer is going to have different needs, expectations and budgets, and they’re hoping to find the right professional at the right price.

As a consumer myself, I’m not entirely sure where I would go to find a good web designer. Sending a request would make me feel optimistic that I may find someone who can give me guidance. If I got a response from a professional that only asked for more info, I may not have an answer for them, feel stumped, and just not respond.

Every contact you make through a quote, is yours to keep. You can always go back and touch base with customers to see if they were able to find someone to help with the project.

Maybe offer your wisdom, and show them how much you care. It may help you build that rapport to win that customer over.

We’re here to support you. Please give us a call with any concerns you have.

We want to help. 800-343-1710.

-Vanessa

View more comments
Bad quality
Wow! I went to submit a quote to a request on thumbtack and they have changed their prices. In the past, you were able to purchase a quote for 2 credits. Now, they have changed it to a package price, were they tie up more of your money!! I called to talk to...

Let's see what the Federal Trade Commission has to say about them. Not sure if they were approached to look into TT yet but with all the complaints in regard to them about shady business practices, maybe they should.

View more comments
Review
Cons
  • Change in pricing

Thumbtack Website Review

Seems like a scam. .but truth be told..after being told by staff, that my thumbtack website was one of the best they had seen I'm surprised it in 2 months I didn't get any calls after having spent about a hundred fifty to two hundred dollars in submitting quotes

Review in Internet category from South Ozone Park, New York | Thumbtack review

Ordered a service. Paid in advance couldn't reach professional to adjust time. Cancelled and couldn't get refund! Thumbtack was ineffective.

When your are creating fake leads to generate income it would eventually be your demise. At lease sidejobr is free and does not charge for leads

Hoa

I’m so sorry that you’re having a difficult time reaching the professional to complete your service. It’s our goal to address every issue that comes to our attention. Please give us a call at (800) 343-1710 so we can look into this further for you.

We're always here to help.

- Jenny

Review in Internet category from Cleveland, Ohio | Thumbtack review

After receiving and responding to over 20 requests for quotes, I have determined Thumbtack is a waste of time and money. As stated by others, either I receive no response or I get requests for services which are bazaar and irregular. None of the respondents have become clients. As my business has grown through other channels it became increasingly obvious Thumbtack is not one of them.

This comment by Thumbtack is just more lies and lipservice to protect their income. They are losing money and are now trying to stop a sinking ship.

Keep up the pressure. Report this on thumbtack complaints page on Facebook too.

Hoa

We know how concerning it can be when your quotes are not being responded to. We’re still a new company to most users, so when customers submit a request they may not know the exact information that they need to add to the form.

We’ve been working on updating the forms so that it’s easier for our professionals to respond to them. If there’s any questions that you’d like to see added to your specific service form, we’d love to know what they are. The quality feedback that we receive from our professionals helps us with any future changes that is made to our platform.

We recognize that you have to do what's best for your business, but we’d still love to help you expand your clientele. We’re here to help you succeed.

If you’d like to give us another shot, please give us call at (800) 343-1710. We have a whole support team waiting to take your call.

- Jenny

Poor customer service

Waste of Time for Vendors | Thumbtack review from East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

95% of everyone that I responded to either never reviewed my quote, never responded, or wanted something for free. This is where people go to plan parties and have $200 total budgets. Do not waste your time giving this site money because the people looking to "hire" people are really just browsing and I don't know anyone that has ever been hired from here. I am using the last of my credits and then I am done with this site. What a total ripoff. I also spoke to a rep at Thumbtack and explained that if we have to pay, they should hold the person accountable to actually respond, leave a phone number, or close the request...otherwise you're following up for nothing. It's also impossible to figure out what the person requesting a quote even wants- as a planner, I was sent catering requests that were hidden under the guise of wedding planning requests. I had to really read everything to realize that they were just looking for someone to serve from a buffet, not actually plan anything. Seriously, don't use this site. The return is zero.
Hoa

I'm sorry you haven't had a great experience with us. Our goal is to help simplify the way customers find and hire professionals while making a new way for professionals to advertise their services.

We encourage and send an email to our customers asking them to respond and update their request statuses. We appreciate your feedback, and we're always working on improving.

We'd love for you to keep using our site, but we understand you need to do what's best for you.

Different forms of advertising have different results for each business, and we're here to help you along the way with tips and advice for what we've noticed increases hire rate. I see you've spoken with one of our Support agents, and you're always welcome to give us a call again at 800-343-1710.

- Sarah

@Hoa

Im a new contractor for thumbtack for the last 2 months and its been great to me!!!

Review
Cons
  • These customers cannot all be real
  • Lost a lot of money
  • Customers with zero budget
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Confusing workorders from clientele | Thumbtack review from Allen, Texas

2.5
some of the requests can be very misleading. work,to be performed, needs to be more clarified. The fee that is charged for the work, can be unfair or overage. It is unknown the size of a job until it is actually seen, probably for the first time. There is no way of knowing that the fee that was quoted is a fair fee for a particular job. But, that is how the system is set up to be operated. Word of mouth is still the best form of advertising. But, hopefully, there can be some survival on the website. Hang in, and hope for the best.

You ask people to sumbit quotes without getting the full scope of the job? Ka-ching.

Money in your pocket for no reason.

At least on sidejobr you can communicate for free and there are no fees. I use them and get real leads and can quote accordingly without a middle man with their greedy little paws out like thumbtack.

Thumbtack is a rapidly failing business due to scamming people for worthless leads.

Hoa

I agree that it can be hard to give a set price without seeing the project first. When we ask professionals to submit a quote, we are asking them if they are interested in directly advertising their business to a customer.

Many customers understand that the price given has many variables, they are more so looking for someone who is interesting in helping verses a set price. When professionals send a personable, intriguing quote message, it encourages customers to contact and eventually hire them.

We are constantly improving our site, including the request forms and we'd love to hear any suggestions you may have.

There are also tons of tips we'd love to share with you in regards to quoting and being successful on our site. Call us at 1-800-343-1710, we'd love to talk with you more.

-Samantha

@Hoa

Here is a suggestion leave the estimating to qualified pros who know their jobs rather than a homeowner guessing what he need for his job, collect your fee as a sales rep after the job is complete and the customer is happy, i pay my sales rep 10% for every job he lands that is not a lead from my company or repeat customer.

He made a 12,500.00 bonus in the last 4 months for selling 125,000.00 in flooring on top of the salary I pay him

View more comments (2)
Thumbtack Website
Cons
  • High fees
  • No accountability

Thumbtack Leads Review

Too many emails! Over 150 a day. Responded to a few of them. Then they want me to pay to respond to more leads. Don't believe it's worth the money.
Review
#601983 Review #601983 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Thumbtack Leads
1.7
Like many design professionals who have still not fully recovered from the economic recession, I continue to seek out any possible venues for finding business. Unfortunately, Thumbtack is not a very good source of quality clients. Their premise is that they are...
Hoa

You have provided us with a great amount of feedback and we genuinely appreciate it. You are completely right in the fact that we need to help better educate customers about services.

There are dozens of services out there, including design, that customers do not hire on a regular basis. Due to this, many don’t know what to expect when it comes to a realistic budget. We do have a team diligently working on this concern to derive a positive solution for everyone. For the mean time, professionals have the ability to choose who they are responding to, we encourage them to only respond to those that match their services perfectly.

We agree that it can be hard to quote the customer a price without getting a full scope of the project first.

What's more important is that you create a connection with the customer. Customers come to our site looking to hire someone for their project - they may not know all the information they need to give in order to help professionals give exact prices, but if a pro is personable and offers to meet up with them to talk about their options or talk over the phone, it goes a long way.

If you have an uncomfortable experience with a customer, we want to know about it.

We have a dedicated Market Place Integrity team that would be happy to investigate the situation to decide if that customer should remain on our site or not.

I’d love to speak with you more about your concerns and see what we can do to help increase your hire rate. If you’d like to talk, give us a call at 1-800-343-1710.

-Samantha

Tags
  • thumbtack complaints

Review from Marietta, Georgia | Thumbtack review

5.0
I would like to strongly commend Rod Norris as I had an excellent experience with him. My mother had a problem with some fascia that had been damaged on her home. I called to describe my issue. Rod returned my call expediently, visited my mother's home, told me how much it would cost to fix it and the job was finished within a few days. He did a beautiful job and I plan to use his services again. Dianne Callahan

I have a seaking suspicion that this is fake. Why would someone post a raving review on a site called pissed consumer?

Why not list that on the business profile on Thumbtacks website?

Because it is not real.

If it is OP then please respond with the url or this Rod Norris to prove you are telling the truth. I bet you cant

Hoa

We are so happy to hear that! That is what Thumbtack is all about.

Our main concern is to make it easier for customers to find the right professional they need for their projects. We are so excited to help customers accomplish their personal projects central to their lives, and are proud to help professionals grow their businesses.

Call us if you have any questions!

1-800-343-1710.